/ Friday, February 27, 2015 / No comments / ,

DIY: Floral Photo Light String


I have an obsession with lights and personally I blame Christmas.
Even dirty old streets and rusted buildings look classic and soothing with just a touch of sparkle. 
(I don't know why either, it's a ~mystery~) For some reason on my way home from work, I had a sudden urge to hit Joann's and create a photo string album like this but use Christmas lights as the "string." Then I saw a garland of flowers and it sparked an idea, "Why not combine both?!"

Flowers: Joann's, Lights: Walmart, Hair Clips: Joann's, Thumbtacks: Walgreens
Okay, okay maybe I got a little too excited but Joann's has enough florals to make anyone wish they were at Coachella dancing around barefoot with an oversized flower crown. Plus, their floral section is usually on sale and you can use any old set of Christmas lights you have hiding away in your utility closet. 
I got two garlands to make up the length of the lights. Make sure you have enough thumbtacks to hold up about 6 feet of your photo album, a pair of scissorspictures, and any set of pins. I used metal hair pins to modernize the rusticity of the display. 


1. Cut off the extra ends to prevent them from sticking out.
2. Wrap your lights around both overlapped ends to keep them from separating.
3. Use thumbtacks to secure your lights on the wall.
4. Find a spot to pin your photos.


It's as easy as that! Just make sure you have an outlet nearby to plug in your lights at night. 
What I loved about this combo is that you can save energy and prevent bursting light bulbs by unplugging it during the day. The floral garland combined with photos are more than enough to decorate your room while it's nice and sunny out. Happy crafting! 

Materials: 
  • Floral Garland
  • Christmas Lights
  • Scissors
  • Thumbtacks
  • Pins








No comments:

Post a Comment